Today I’am doing a book haul, but not a normal one. I am going to show you which books I bought in thrift stores. Now you might think second hand books? Yes, you won’t believe how many books you will find in there. All those lovely books for just a few euros…
So I have been going a lot to thrift stores lately on the hunt for cheap books. I have bought 31 books in these stores, and then I’am talking about a month. Yes I bought these books in one month:
- Uglies by Scott Westerfield
- Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder
- Ruby Rood by Linzi Glass
- Het Wisselkind by Phillipa Gregory
- Tatoeage by Ana Alonso & Javier Pelegrin
- Het Meisje met de Glazenvoeten by Ali Shaw
All the books on the picture are Young Adult except Het Meisje met de Glazenvoeten. I haven’t read any of them yet, but Uglies is standing high om my to-be-read list, because I need to read it for school. (That won’t be a problem hehe)
- Midnight Pleasures by Amanda Ashley, Maggie Shayne, Sherrilyn Kenyon & Ronda Thompson
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- The Professor by Charlotte Brontë
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
One Young Adult in this pile and that will be The Fault in Our Stars of course. As you already may have seen, I posted a review of Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë on this blog. For my minor International Trade Publishing Books & More, I needed to read a classic. I actually loved it so much that I started to buy more classics. So yes there will also be reviews of classics in the future.
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (English edition)
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (Dutch edition)
- Angelology by Danielle Trussoni
- I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
- Magic, Witchcraft and the Occult by Geoffrey Lamb
I loved Wuthering Heights so much I bought both the Dutch and English edition ❤ (and then I didn’t show you guys my Barnes and Noble leatherbound edition yet). Maybe you will think now Magic, Witchcraft and the Occult? Why would you buy that. Well I like to write a lot! Such books can come in handy when you are doing research.
So next to reading book I bought eleven books in total about writing and literature. The three books in the picture are about writing. I was so happy that I fount these books in a thrift store! That was just luck… because in all the stores I have been there are never, and I say never books about writing.
- The Art of War for Writers by James Scott Bell
- The Elements of Style by William Strunk
- Writing Tools by Roy Peter Clark
And last but not least my PRECIOUS…
In this book is a collection of science fiction magazines from the
80s! All the magazines are complete and I love this ! It is one of my most prized possessions. I bought this book for €2,50,- Yes I couldn’t believe my eyes either when I saw the prize. It is unbelievable what you can find in a thrift store, and if you are still in doubt, just think about all the cheap books and things you can find in those stores.